Learning Journey Summer
Bronze Age to Iron Age
As our second topic this term we will be looking at Bronze to Iron Age. As a Key line of enquiry we will be exploring why this time period was important? Using the subsequent questions:
1. When did the bronze and iron ages occur? Why did the stone age finish?
2. What is the difference between bronze and iron?
3. Why were iron weapons and tools used even though they weren't as strong as bronze?
4. How did the discovery of the metals change agriculture?
5. Would you have rather lived in the stone age, bronze age or iron age?
This term we will be exploring a geography focused unit based around rainforests. This will explore questions such as:
- Where do we find rainforests?
- What are they like and why?
- Why are they important?
- Where does palm oil come from and why is it important?
- How do we save the rainforests of Sumatra?
This week we have explored how to forces are impacted through the surface the object is travelling on. The children worked scientifically to change the variable of the surface and record the impact of this on the distance the object could move.
In preparation for a tournament at King's we have been practicing our batting and fielding skills ready for a great tournament!
As part of the children's work on Judaism, children will be trying a number of different foods. These included:
- Round challah (sweet bread)
- Ugly fruit, jack fruit, rambutan
- Beetroot juice