Long Term Activities
Time Capsule Project Ideas
Our new topic in school will be all about our planet, Earth. This will have strong links to our science work which is called, Animals Including Humans. In our new topic there will be a geography focus too.
We have create a few activities that the children can complete in their home study book. These are activities that will take a little time to complete, and maybe completed over a number of days/weeks.
- Write a report about an animal of your choice. Think about including: headings and sub-headings, questions to the reader, fact boxes and labelled diagrams.
- Trace a map of the United Kingdom and mark on: it's countries, capital cities and the surrounding seas.
- Find out about the word equator. What is it? Which countries does it pass through? What would it be like to live in a country that is on the equator?
- Go for a walk and look for different invertebrates. Keep a record of what you find. Draw a few pictures/take a photo.
- Sketch your favourite animal. Explain its natural habitat and what it eats. Is it a herbivore, carnivore or an omnivore?
- Create a poster about Alaska. Where is it? Who lives there? Which animals live there, and how are these creatures able to survive?
- Write a postcard imagining your ideal holiday. Where would it be? What would you do? Design the front cover of your post card too.