- Read a story
- Complete one line of the spelling sheets we have given you in your pack. Keep with the same sheet for the week as you normally would have
- Find some time to complete Numbots
- Sing a counting song trying to count in a variety of ways. Look up 'Jack Hartman' and count in 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s and 100s!
- Play a phonic game using the Rainforest phoneme mat in your pack. You could take one of the phonemes on the mat each day and identify that sound as quickly as you can by pointing to it. If you have a copying facility you could photocopy the sheet and ask your child to colour the specific phoneme of the day. Hide this phoneme around the house for your child to find!
- Begin writing a story about an animal in the rain forest. Just complete a sentence or two each day and watch the story build over the week.
- Use the Rainforest 100 square in your pack to play games. For example, roll 2 dice and add them together before moving that amount of spaces. Who can get to 100 first? You could play 'guess my number' where someone thinks of a number on the 100 square and another has to work out what it is without saying the actual number. Use questions such as.... 'is it one more than/ less than x?' 'is it an odd/even number?' 'is it bigger/ smaller than x?'